We’re celebrating the release of You and Everything After by Ginger Scott!
Title: You and Everything After
Author: Ginger Scott
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release date: October 6, 2014
Publisher: Jamie McGuire LLC
Add to Goodreads
Buy Links: Amazon | BN | Kobo | iTunes
I’m that teenaged girl who has MS. You haven’t met me, but you’ve seen me around. You probably know my sister. We’re twins, and she’s the pretty one. Maybe you’ve heard about my reputation, how much I like to hook up at parties—how easy it is to get me in bed, get what you want, and forget about me after.
Forget what you think you know. I’m leaving that girl behind.
College is all about new beginnings. So from now on—I’m just Cass. And the rest…it isn’t written yet. And no one else gets to write my story for me.
“Tyson Preeter doesn’t do can’t.”
That’s exactly what I want people to think when they see me. I am strong, invincible, confident, intelligent—arrogant. I’m the man who always finds a way around, over and through—until there’s nothing left. Since losing my ability to walk six years ago, I’ve relearned life. I don’t need sympathy. I don’t want charity. And I don’t do love.
It’s better this way, saves my disappointments for me, and me alone, and it saves my strength for everything I want.
But Cass Owens is about to wreck everything. She’s about to steal all of my strength away from me, because she needs it more. She’s about to break all of my rules, and break down all of my walls. She’s about to own me…completely.
And I’m about to let her.
This is Book 2 of The Falling Series
Fun facts about You and Everything After:
- Sally’s (which is also in This Is Falling) was inspired by Eskimo Joe’s in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
- Tyson Preeter is my favorite character I’ve written…so far.
- I made the Preeter boys from Louisiana because I have baseball-playing family that lives there (one’s a former LSU’er with two World Series rings)
- I actually saw the joke shirt Ty gets in the mail on someone at the mall. It made me laugh out loud when I saw it, and I wrote it down in my notebook to use in a book some day. Voila – that day has come.
- The Preeter brothers are loosely inspired by a pair of ASU brothers – one a former Sun Devil wide receiver.
- I considered making Cass a cheerleader or gymnist, but I know zilch about cheer, and tumbling frightens me. I know soccer, I just suck at it, but I could work with that.
- I read a feature story in a magazine about a girl who returned to her high school volleyball team after a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis, helping her team win state, and it inspired Cass’s background. A friend of mine who was diagnosed with it as a teenager served as my guide in writing and kept me very honest.
Book One, This is Falling
Ginger Scott is a writer and journalist from Peoria, Arizona. She is the author of four young and new adult romances, with her fifth title, This Is Falling, set to release in late August 2014.
Scott has been writing and editing for newspapers, magazines and blogs for more than 15 years. She has told the stories of Olympians, politicians, actors, scientists, cowboys, criminals and towns. For more on her and her work, visit her website at http://www.littlemisswrite.com.
When she’s not writing, the odds are high that she’s somewhere near a baseball diamond, either watching her son field pop flies like Bryce Harper or cheering on her favorite baseball team, the Arizona Diamondbacks. Scott is married to her college sweetheart whom she met at ASU (fork ’em, Devils).